Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Consider These For A Good Time

Rana here! Your friendly neighbourhood film-picker-outer. Might I recommend the following doozies the next time you are faced with the difficult question of what to watch?

The Darjeeling Limited: Wes Anderson and these lovely lads you see below. Really, you cannot go wrong. Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back! (What? You didn't pay? Well if you are one of the lucky few who have been able to access our blog without payment just go thank your lucky stars! Uh...I kid, of course)



Youth in Revolt: Don't let your disdain for Michael Cera stop you. This movie is absolutely gorgeous (the wonderfully named Chuy Chavez is behind the cinematography) and it's airy, funny and unique. Fantastic supporting cast too. Oh and the costumes are very well done, they definitely added a lot to the film.




Keeping Mum: Three words: British Comedy. Cheers. Oh damn, wait, I have two more words: Rowan Atkinson.



Monsieur Ibrahim (Monsieur Ibrahim et les fleurs du Coran): French film starring Omar Sharif (he won the Cesar for it in 2004). It's a very fresh and funny film, oui oui I say.


1 comment:

  1. SAD. I've only seen Darjeeling! 1/4, I hardly think that's winning. And Kristin Scott Thomas AND Maggie Smith in Keeping Mum?!?!!? hhhwhat have I been doing with my life?

    ReplyDelete